Before configuring the plugin, lets enable the service on each native platform first. i.e. APNS on iOS and GCM on Android.
Local Notification Local Notifications are useful when you want a notification on a timely basis or if your app can schedule it for notifying the user. This doesn't need any server setup.
With this plugin, you can schedule a local notification, repeat it, clear and cancel scheduled notifications.
Remote Notification Remote notifications are useful to update your userbase if any new event comes up. This needs a server setup and client handling is completely done by this plugin.
- Device registers with APNS/GCM service based on the platform.
- It gets a device token/registration id on successful registration.
- This token/id is passed to a server where you want to send push notifications from.
- Your server uses the device token/registration id and sends a payload to the notification service liek APNS/GCM based on the platform target.
- As your device is already registered with the notification service, it routes the payload to the device.
Your device will display the notification once received.