Enabling Service on Native Platform
Note: If you want only Local Notifications, you can skip this setup. Below instructions are only for Remote/Push Notifications.
- Log in to iOS Dev Portal
- Under Identifiers -> App IDs section, select your app's build identifier entry.
- If Push notifications are not enabled under Application Services, click on Edit and enable it.
You can do the above from your Xcode -> Capabilities section as well.
For more information, please refer Push Notifications Setup Guide.
Notification Services on Android rely on Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). You can enable FCM by following below steps.
- Open Firebase Console.
- Select your Application or import your existing project.
- Under Project Overview, click on Project Settings .
- Link your android bundle identifier as mentioned.
- From General tab, download google-services.json file and copy it to your Assets folder of Unity project.
- You can check the keys under Project Settings -> Cloud Messaging section which needs to be used on your backend.
Notification Services on Android rely on Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). You can enable GCM by following below steps.
- Open Google Developer Console.
- Select your Application.
- In Overview tab, select "Google Cloud Messaging" under Mobile APIs .
- Enable the service.
- Select Credentials tab and create API key. Fill in the SHA key you got from keystore.
- Click on create API key.
- Save the Project number listed near the project name at top. This is used as Sender ID in NPSettings.
For more information, please refer this post.