# Configuring Plugin
By now, you might be aware of NPSettings. In-case if its new to you, read this post.
In your Unity project, If Game Services is not enabled, enable by below steps.
- Open NPSettings and select Application Settings.
- Under supported features section, Enable Uses Game Services checkbox and Save (see button at bottom).
Once you have Game Services feature enabled, select Game Services Settings. Let us take a brief look into it:
Identifiers are used to refer Leaderboards and Achievements uniquely on each native platform. As we aim for cross platform development, we provide in settings to add a Global ID which wrap these identifiers.
Global ID wraps all platform specific identifiers in to a single Identifier. This makes it easier to refer from code.
Leaderboard Meta Collection: Add the leaderboards information for your project.
- Set the size based on how many leaderboards you have.
- Give a unique Global Identifier for the leaderboard to refer in code.
- Under Platform ID's fill in the identifier you got from iTunes Connect and Google Play Developer Console on iOS, Android respectively. For simulation on Editor, you can give your own identifier for Editor Platform too.
- Achievement Meta Collection: Add the achievements information for your project.
- Set the size based on how many achievements you have.
- Give a unique Global Identifier for the Achievement to refer in code.
- Under Platform ID's fill in the identifier you got from iTunes Connect and Google Play Developer Console on iOS, Android respectively.
- Set Number Of Steps to the steps it needs to complete current Achievement.
- For a One-Shot or Instant achievement, this value will be 1. Ex : Reach a checkpoint.
- For an Incremental Achievement, this value will be usually more than 1 (based on the steps you need to complete). Ex : Collect 500 stars. Here 500 is the steps to finish this.
iOS Settings: Enable if you want to see the default achievement banner. This will be displayed on completion of every achievement on iOS platform.
Android Settings: You need to set the Play Services Application ID you got from Google Play Developer Console.
Play Services Application ID is REQUIRED to use Game Services feature on Android.
Along with the Play Services Application ID, incase if you need Server Auth code to access Google Play Services from your backend, you need to set Server Client ID. Please check below image to see how to get this id.
That's it! Save all your NPSettings changes by clicking Save button at bottom of the inspector.
Whenever you add a new Achievement or Leaderboard to your project, make sure you update the details here as well to access from code.